Saturday, November 22, 2008

consider it an investment.

Since I've seemingly acquired this habit of sharing the things this little heart desires most, it would certainly be in poor taste not to do so on my first day back after an entirely accidental week-long blogging hiatus. I've been waning my holiday decorating loins until (the day) after Thanksgiving, biding my time, forcing myself to enjoy for only mere days more those white pumpkins I so painstakingly exerted an unmentionable amount of time searching for. But aside from my refusal to cave in to all things snowflake'd and reindeer'd too soon, I still allow these eyes to wander. To wander to things such as this...

Credit, of which, can only be given to Pottery Barn...
and "her" alone. Yes, her.

I consider a tree skirt a pretty solid investment. Granted, it's not a year-round-use kind of purchase like the husband would prefer, especially if the price could potentially produce unnecessary nausea. But in this fictitious mind of mine, it has the qualities to be a lasting holiday necessity in this content, two-person family of ours. And when this two-person grows, I can see little feet standing next to it, straining on tip-toes to nestle ornaments into their snug homes. I'm bordering sentimental just envisioning the tradition it could hold. Bordering sentimental over a tree skirt.

Albeit, it's nothing short of rare for me to splurg on anything that bears the Pottery Barn name (typically, I rely on T.J. Maxx for all things knock-off), but I've exhausted all of my usual outlets to recreate this idealic vision rattling around in my head. Despite it's mind-numbing price tag, the man has relinquished all control and entrusted the decision into these capable hands. In the recognition of all my labored hours of searching, he's graciously acknowledged my attempts and warranted me my desire in return. However, it still bears repeating:

It's an investment.
It's an investment.
It's an investment.

An investment that classically masks the inevitable tree stand; the inevitably atrocious-looking tree stand.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I really wanted a tree skirt for mine and my husband's first tree...but I'm afraid I was too picky and didn't get one....(sigh).

Oh well, there's next year! I really want our monogram or last name on it....like yours :D