Monday, December 8, 2008

she's awake.

I finally decided to graciously cater to my extremely under-used creative gene yesterday afternoon after an (over) indulged outing with that lovely mother of mine to that esteemed art supply meca, Michael's. I've fought back the urge as of late to craft for mildly selfish reasons. Passing into a state of comatose after seven hours of incessant motion with nine, rambunctious four year old's is clearly a mandate. Clearly. I habitually succumb to activities that require an exceedingly low tolerance for conscious thought. Sleep meets said requirement. Stimulating the crafting gene does not.

But Sunday afternoon brought both clarity and, well, the highly coveted prospect of time, thus...

I've joyously resurrected a sleeping giant.


Pleasantly consumed by the scent of pine needles and Macaulay Culkin's pre-pubescent screams of triumphant domination over holiday theivery, I made these entirely prompted by that pulsating gene that perpetuates an urgency for all things artistic. And certifiably, I've awakened a deep-seeded need to cater to it. Because of it, comatose may have to take a backseat.

1 comment:

Krista said...

I am so proud of you and your crafty inner child. And a little jealous, because I have not been able to rouse mine for quite some time. She is not compatible with clean house, productive writing time, or paying attention to small children.

But she sleeps and she waits, and I have a whole closet full of toys for her when she does decide to reappear. Until then, it is strangely satisfying to me to read your post and know someone is still in touch with their muse.

btw, I found you through a link on Beautifully Imperfect. Can't remember how I found her...