Saturday, October 18, 2008

cover your ears.

Last Sunday was especially monumental for me. In a relatively simple way, too. Now, I'm fairly well aware that I'm moments away from gravely disappointing a few folks, because the term "monumental" bears quite an astounding reputation, but my monumental is not easily paralleled. My monumental is consumed by the basic that presents itself as extraordinary. When the husband finally deems the triumphant return of my hibernating Christmas with the Rat Pack cd as acceptable no sooner than the day following Thanksgiving. That's monumental. When I come across a Law and Order: Criminal Intent mini-marathon on TNT in the absense of the man. That's monumental. Even more simply, when I get a moment of quiet, a moment to be still. That's monumental. By definition, that's the reputation that precedes my unparalleled monumental.

Well, Sunday created a whole new scenario for my exuberant outcry to what's basic. To paint an appropriate picture, I'm accompanied by three gentlemen en route to Hable's Hearth for lunch. As usual, most resturants on Sunday afternoon typically take us past the illustrious addition to the already fantastic Friendly Shopping Center, The New Shops at Friendly. This trip, no different than others, caused an entirely unprompted scream of pure euphoria.

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH! THEY'RE PUTTING A WILLIAMS-SONOMA AT THE NEW SHOPS AT FRIENDLY!"

Now, the "shut your mouth" bit wasn't really directed at any particular individual, but unquestionably, I certainly stunned my companions into silence. Which then, of course, erupted into hysterical fits of uncontrollable laughter. What person in any state of mind screams over Williams-Sonoma? If you never thought you'd meet her, let me introduce myself. I'm Nikki Lillard. Wife to David Lillard. Daughter to Chris and Vickie Brown. Three immensely gracious individuals that hopefully will remain claiming me post- (well) this post.

Ever since the inception of The New Shops at Friendly, I've found it exceedingly easier to avoid making the trek to the mall. I typically voyaged once every few months only for the sale selections at J.Crew or to fulfill this unnecessary urge to purchase even more dishcloths than any one person should at Williams-Sonoma, but for obvious reasons, I've willingly aborted the horrendous missions altogether. Albeit it has its redeeming qualities, the mall's just not my place of choice. So, you can imagine my enthusiasm upon the recognition of those brilliant gold letters in a more familiar, convenient environment.

Yes, I screamed. And, proudly, I claim the noise. So, excitedly, I anticipate Williams-Sonoma's grand admittance to the Friendly lifestyle. It's bliss, people. Yes, bliss.

2 comments:

My First Kitchen said...

Not gonna lie... I'm pretty sure I said the EXACT same thing last week when I saw the sign. And I was alone. And still screamed. And bliss? Totally agree. We should enjoy the grand opening together. Because Kaz and David might be too embarrased. I'm just sayin'...

a simple seeker said...

I'm relieved I wasn't the only one to let out a good scream over something so fantastically simple. And a grand opening date would be lovely. David would never forgive me if I forced him into such foreign territory. Never. I'm pretty sure he's still reeling from my first shrill of excitement. :)