Tuesday, October 28, 2008

going retro.

Let me explain...

I don't need these. As the husband would state, I don't need the majority of what I manage to purchase in a month's time. However, I couldn't resist. Sensing that resounding theme of incapable resistance yet? In my typical shock-and-awe fashion (again, according to the man), I made an impulsive purchase that set me back $16... along with an entirely necessary splurge on two magnificently Euro-sized pillows for half the retro-ness of the aforementioned. It's a personal give and take: I give myself (inadequate) permission, and take what's enticingly unnecessary. I've mastered that technique, much to the husband's dismay. I have no excuse.

But can you blame my stumble? That blue had me at hello. Hook, line, and sinker. Despite whether I use them or not (which, unquestionably, I will... often), this lady would unashamedly lay them on her counter for appearance sake and appearance sake alone. I'm oddly vain when it comes to my kitchen utensils. Obvious?

OH, CUISINART!

Sigh.

3 comments:

Meaghan said...

Hi fellow SITS-tah! Just stopping by to tell you about my giveaway. I started an online coffee shop: Get The Bean and we are giving away 1 lb of Coffee this Friday.

www.getthebean.blogspot.com

We will be doing giveaways every week so stop by often :)

If you get a chance visit my personal blog too: www.cancerlost.blogspot.com

Lauren and Justin said...

oh i love that blue. should have registered for those....

Maris said...

So cute! I love retro-style cooking ware.